Wednesday, December 4, 2013

for Pastor Leigh Ramsay after delivery of court documents relating to the 'illegal detention' of Rosa and Chita by Citipointe church


Leigh Ramsay
322 Wecker Road
Carindale
QLD 4152                                                                                 

5th Dec. 2013

Dear Leigh

Following on from my letters of 29th Nov and 3rd Dec.

Last week, when Chanti, Chhork and myself met with LICADHO, Chanti was in very good spirits, having yet again been told by Citipointe that Rosa and Chita would be returned to her soon. Then, when the LICADHO representative spoke with Citipointe on the phone and was informed that the girls would not be returning home, Chanti’s smile was wiped from her face. The following day she was ill with a fever. There was nothing medically wrong with her. My own feeling was that, yet again, her heart has been broken by Citipointe’s false promises.

It was at this point that I decided, finally, to pursue Citipointe through the court systems of Cambodia and Australia – starting with Cambodia.

This morning I drove to the Citipointe centre at Sangkat Boeng Tompun, Khan Meanchey to deliver a court document to Ms Nicole Robertt (attached), whom Chanti and Chhork are suing for ‘illegal detention’. The relevant part of this document reads, in a less-than-perfect translation:

          Regarding to the above subject and reference, I would like to inform His Excellency Mr. Prosecutor that the facts of this issue are as follows: I have two children—one is PHOUN ROSA, female, aged 11, and the other one is PHOUN THIDA, female, aged 9. In 2008, I took the two children to seek temporary shelter with Citypoint organization because at that time I was very poor. In 2012, I had been working very hard to earn my living that I had quite better living standard enabling me to raise and send them to school like other children. I have been to the Organization to ask my children back many times, but the Organizagtion refused to give.
          His Excellency Mr. Prosecutor! In the name of their parents, I have been missing them very much and wanted them to come back to live with me. As for the two children are concerned, they also wanted to come and live with their parents. Obviously, every time when I went to meet them, they would cry by asking me to take them out from the Organization so that they can come and live at home.
          His Excellency Mr. Prosecutor! I saw that this act done by the Organization is a human illegal detention because:
-    My two children have no willingness to live with this Organziation anymore.
-    The thing that the Organization took my two children for raising is not a normal adoption or acted as a legal gurdian. Now the two children need to re-unite with their parents, but this Organization used detentive measures. This act breaches article 1020, 1023, 1024 of code of civil procedure.
          Actually, the law does not allow any one to take minor children to raise in such ways. This act is an explicit breach to code of criminal proceudre in article 253. 
          Regarding to this case, I would like to make the following request:
1. Punish Mr. Nicole Robertt in accordance with laws.
2. Request the above named person to give the two children back to me to take care of them personally.
As above mentioned, Please His Excellency Mr. Prosecutor, deliver judgment as I requested above at your favorable decision. 

Given that the ‘Anti Human Trafficking and Juvenile Protection Department’ had no interest at all in the evidence I had to present to it and given that the Ministry of Social Affairs has taken no interest in the matter, I will introduce the audio-visual evidence that I have which will leave little doubt in the mind of an impartial court as to the sequence of events that led to Citipointe not only illegally removing Rosa and Chita from the care of their family but of retaining custody for five years after the parents, Chanti and Chhork, expressly asked that their daughters be returned to them.

best wishes

James Ricketson

No comments:

Post a Comment