Friday, May 3, 2013

Yet more on Citipointe church's refusal to produce documents relating to the removal of Rosa and Chita from the care of their parents in mid-2008 and an open invitation to have me 'forcibly removed' when I arrive in Cambodia in a couple of days


Leigh Ramsay
322 Wecker Road
Carindale
QLD 4152

4th May 2013

Dear Leigh

For some time Cambodian police have been wanting to interview me about my ‘version’ of how it was that Citipointe came to take full control of the lives of Rosa and Chita in mid 2008 contrary to the express wishes of their parents. Why the Cambodian police need to hear me vocalize my ‘version’ when there is a blow by blow description on my blog of how this state of affairs came about I have no idea!

Neither my ‘version’ nor Citipointe’s ‘version’ of what took place in mid 2008 is of much significance. What is significant is whether or not Citipointe had the legal right to remove Rosa and Chita from their parents care in mid 2008. To date neither Chanti nor myself has seen one document that relates to the legality of Citipointe’s actions. The 31st July 2008 ‘contract’ is worthless from a legal point of view so, unless, in early August 2008, Citipointe had entered into a legally binding contract with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (which is what you assert to be the case) your church is guilty of essentially kidnapping Rosa and Chita through deception, lies and by telling me (and Chanti) that you were acting on the instructions of Chab Dai and LICADHO. Since neither Chab Dai nor LICADHO have chosen to distance themselves from your assertions and say that Citipointe is lying, I have to presume that both Chab Dai and LICADHO were complicit in the removal of Rosa and Chita. This raises a whole host of questions about both organizations and makes me wonder how many other girls like Rosa and Chita have been recruited as ‘victims of Human Trafficking’ by giving the parents food parcels, making them promises an NGO has no intention of keeping and getting these materially poor and illiterate parents apply their thumb prints to ‘contracts’ that they cannot read and do not understand!

If Citipointe’s removal of Rosa and Chita was not legal under Cambodian law you and Rebecca should be charged with kidnapping and Citipointe expelled from Cambodia. Even if you can produce legal documents relating to your removal of Rosa and Chita in mid 2008 (which I doubt) your contemptuous treatment of Chanti and Chhork and your failure to deliver on even one of the promises you made to Chanti and myself in mid 2008 renders Citipointe a disgrace to the Christian faith and an embarrassment to the NGOS community. Why the NGO community tolerates NGOs such as Citipointe is a mystery to me. In the case of Chab Dai it seems that this umbrella group will tolerate any behavior at all on the part of Christian NGOs. As for LICADHO, I am speechless! What a toothless tiger it is – unable or unwilling to take a moral stance on the removal of children from their families by incompetent (and sometimes illegal) NGOs.

I have asked countless times and so has Chanti for copies of ‘contracts’ Citipointe has entered into with the Ministries of Foreign and Social Affairs.. You have ignored all such requests. I have asked Chab Dai and LICADHO, both of which organizations you have implicated in your removal of Rosa and Chita,  to ask Citipointe to produce the documents that prove the legality of the church’s actions Both Chab Dai and LICADHO refuse to take any interest at all in this matter. I have asked the Minister of Social Affairs several times to provide Chanti and myself with documents relating to the legality of Citipointe’s removal of Rosa and Chita but he ignores my letters and our requests. It is clear that in Cambodia, NGOs such as Citipointe can do whatever they like with impunity; that NGOs such as Citipointe can remove children from the care of their parents without anyone in Cambodia taking the slightest interest in the legality of such removal.

I will, in the next few days, come to talk with the anonymous police who want to hear my ‘version’ (no one has the slightest interest in Chanti and Chhork’s ‘version’!). My presence in Cambodia for the express purpose of talking to the police will provide Citipointe with the ideal opportunity for the church to make good Pastor Mulheran’s scarcely veiled threats to have me ‘forcibly removed.’ You know where I stay when I am in Phnom Penh so if Pastor Mulheran really does have the capacity to make a call and have me ‘forcibly removed’, here is the church’s opportunity.

best wishes

James Ricketson

No comments:

Post a Comment