Thursday, August 23, 2012

letter to Minister of Social Affairs 23rd. August 2012

Ministry of Social Affairs
# 788 Monivong Blvd
Sangkat
Boeng Trbek
Khan Chomkamon
Phnom Penh                                                                                         23rd  August 2012

To Minister of Social Affairs

Following on from my earlier letters regarding Yem C’s daughters.

The three enclosed letters to Leigh Ramsay, Senior Pastor at Citipointe church (1st., 14th and 21st August), speak for themselves (along with the other 8 letters I have written to her) of my attempts to work with the church to secure the re-integration of R and SM back into the family of their mother, Yem C, this past month. Leigh Ramsay does not respond to any of my letters.

After four years of broken promises I see no signs at all that Citipointe church has any intention of working towards the re-integration of R and SM.

As I have mentioned before, I am prepared to take on the financial responsibility of caring for R and SM when they are returned to their family home. I will quite happily, if need be, enter into a contract with your Ministry to guarantee that all five children in the family will be well fed, that they go to school and that they have access to medical and dental attention.  I will also help Yem C and her husband with income generation.

If my proposal is agreeable to you in principle I will come to Cambodia to discuss it with you or your representative and to finalize the details.

best wishes

James Ricketson


No comments:

Post a Comment